Wednesday, March 19, 2008

St. Patty's Day

It is a tradition in the Manning household to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. And when I say celebrate, we go all out. The evening starts out with a dinner of corn beef and cabbage soup, Irish soda bread, and usually some sort of green jell-o. The table is always decorated with green decorations.

And with dinner, goes facts about St. Patrick's Day and "toasts". After dinner, we play the St. Patrick's Day game. This game has evolved over the years, and we are working on revising it again after playing it this year. The game includes dancing jigs, making wishes, getting gold, eating emeralds, and kissing the Blarney Stone.One of Mark's wishes during this game was that he could kiss someone on the cheek. He chose Gordon...

We played 2 seperate games today, and the winners were Devin and John. The pot of gold usually includes some sort of chocolate, and some gold coins!

And here is just one more cute picture of our new nephew Joshua. All decked out in his green.

What a cutie!! Let's just say that nobody could pinch him!

3 comments:

Annette said...

Thanks Lianne! That just made my day. Josh looks like the cutest little Irish baby I've ever seen! I'd still pinch those cute cheeks anyway though!

Tricia said...

My personal favorite "toast" from this year was "May you never find frogs in your underpants." I still laugh every time I think about that. It was definitely a great party this year! Thanks for posting all of your fun pics! :)

Leslie said...

Awww...what a cutie. I want to pinch him cuz he's so cute