Saturday, May 3, 2008

Farewell...

Our crawdad died yesterday. I got home from going to see Baby Mama with the girls and I noticed that our crawdad was laying on its side. I tapped the glass wondering if that would make it move and it didn't do anything. Then when Devin got home he tried to make it move too and he got nothing. So he called John to have him come look at it and everyone came to the conclusion that he's dead. We have no idea why it happened. I don't know if Devin will get another one or not. He has the tank, so I wouldn't be surprised if he got another one, but we'll see what happens. This is how we found him.


I told Devin we could burry him out in the sand of the playground that is behind our house, but I don't think he wants to do that. When John came over he asked Devin if he could have him for his crawdad to eat. Ha ha. We'll see what happens...

5 comments:

mom said...

Here's a moment of silence for the crawdad. That's the problem with pets: you have to feed them, get attached to them and then they keel over dead. Adios.

The Walker Fam said...

Crawdad??? You don't have to tell me - Devin's idea right??? Oh Lianne, I'm sorry you get to experience the qwirkiness(sp) of Devin... But ya just gotta love him anyway!!! At least it wasn't a baby alligator or something scary like that. Love ya... Mom/Suzi

The Walker Fam said...

By the way - LOVE the new blog style... You're quite the talented woman!!!

Annette said...

Mom is quite funny in the blogging world isn't she?! I find myself laughing out loud at some of the things she writes. Sorry about the crawdad. I'm sure he felt loved but it was just his time to go...

Ras Fam said...

OK if you are really serious about paying homage to the crawdad, there is a company that wil cremate your dead pet and make a little ceramic print of its hands and feet. Not sure how well that will work...