Thursday, May 1, 2008

Homesickness...

This is my first time living outside of Utah. I did ok for the first couple of weeks, but last night was a little rough. I really started to miss Utah and family and friends - which is funny, because I have a couple of sisters out here. I miss not knowing my way around town and being comfortable driving wherever I want. I miss the mountains and knowing which way is north and south. I miss mom and dad, Kara and Ryan, the Gardners, and Mark (although Mark will be out here in 2 weeks...) It has been fun being out here with Nancy and Tricia, I don't think that I would be able to be out here without them. I know that the summer has just started and we still have a while to go, but I am hoping that it will go quickly and that I won't get much more homesick. I look forward to seeing more of the country than what I have seen before. Anyways... Everything out here is about the same. Devin is still working hard and doing well. That's about all for tonight!

5 comments:

Annette said...

I know the feeling very well...only I'm thousands of miles away from home indefinitely. Some days I just have to work so that I don't get too bummed out. Yesterday I even mowed the lawn! The mighty garden looks yummy!

mom said...

Well I am both sad and glad that you are a little homesick. Sad because it is not fun but glad that you like home and family. I miss you kids lots. Mark finds it a little boring around here so he hangs with his friends a lot. And when Dad stays late at school the days seem extremely long. Thank goodness Kara and Ryan come over a little more often. But I can hardly wait to come see you all. Do take advantage of being in a different part of the country and seeing all the things you can. You probably will never be there again.

Nancy said...

I understand what you mean. My first summer (and first time away from home) there were only two other wives. One left early and the other I never saw. So it was literaly me stuck at home without a car all day and without anything to do. I was really homesick and sad that I wasn't around family. It does get better though, and you'll actually one day be better for the experience!! Whenever youre sad or bored, come to my house and we can do something exciting!!

Mom / Nana / Suzi said...

Lianne this makes me sad! Being away from home for the first time like you are can be tough - but also so rewarding. One day you will look back and have very fond memories of this time - I promise you that! Make Devin take you someplace fun!!! You deserve it!!!

Harrop Family said...

Just know you are only there for a few more months and then you get to be home again. That's really not too bad because the time will fly. Take advantage of living out side of Utah while you can. Challenge yourself to be prepared to give away a Book of Mormon or something like that, before you go. Or at least a pass a long card!! You'll be home sooner than you know it.