Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I have been absolutely loving watching the Olympics! I think that this is the first year that I have ever really gotten into them. I am amazed at what all of these athletes can do! I really hope that Michael Phelps can take home all of his gold medals. And how awesome would it be if he kept up setting the world records for the rest of his races! His team medleys have been awesome! That 4 x 100 had the best finish that I have ever seen in a race! And they absolutely smashed the world record in the 4 x 200! Wow!! I still can't believe how great of a swimmer he really is. I hope that Misty May and Kerri Walsh continue their winning in sand volleyball and become the first women's sand volleyball team to ever repeat gold medals! They should be able to do it. I feel so bad for the women's gymnastics team. Especially the one girl who messed up on beam and on her floor routine. That was SO sad! They still finished well though so that was good. Those Chinese girls are good though. I gotta say that I feel bad for them though; training from the time they were 3 and only being able to call their families one time a year. And I feel bad for the team captain who wanted to quit gymnastics, but her family wouldn't let her come back home. I also must say that I have a really hard time believing they are all 16 or older... I am excited to watch some more events and to see how the rest of the olympics turn out!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, I love it! I get so happy and excited when we kill them in swimming and win other meltals. i felt bad for that gymnast too, but steve willson was over, and his comments were so funny. "Its ok darling, your beautiful, do be upset you did great! i going to marry her? do you think she has a facebook?" lol it was funny. But, i haven't been able to catch any diving, where are those guys?