Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I think that we are pretty much all settled in our place. I am really liking our new apartment. It is quite a bit bigger than our other one, and it feels a lot more open. And we actually have a washer and dryer!! It's so nice! For any of you who didn't hear, Devin planted a "garden" on our deck. We have peas, cucumbers, squash, raspberries, tomatoes, peppers, zucchinis, and rhubarb growing in pots. The peas have started to come up, but we are waiting for pretty much everything else. It's fun to have a husband who likes that stuff because it reminds me of being home with mom who loves gardening. I look forward to what he will do to our yard (when we have one...) The summer is going well so far. Devin has been working hard and he did pretty well the first full day that they went out selling. He got a sale, and then he also got a sub. So hopefully it is a sign of things to come. He works really hard though, so hopefully all of his hard work will pay off. I've just been hanging out with Nancy. We got the boards made to keep track of the boys' sales, and we started working out this week. It feels good to exercise again. We're excited to start our pedometer competition. You all better look out! :) Things are going well out here, and we can't wait to get everyone else here who is supposed to come. We also can't wait for mom and Kara to come visit! I hope that you are all having a good week!

4 comments:

Cori said...

I love Devin because he planted rhubarb! My grandma used to have it growing by her ditch and she would give me a baggie with a little sugar in it and I would pick a stalk of rhubarb and dip it in the sugar. Just the word rhubarb brings back such great memories of my childhood! Rhubarb pie is my absolute favorite. You will have to make one.

Annette said...

I think Ron might beat us all in the pedometer contest. The other day he walked 5 miles at work...assuming he's not cheating. I'm glad you like your new apartment. I'm envious of the veggies!

mom said...

I love you garden idea. It is fun to just check on the plants everyday. Sounds like you did plant lots of things. Way to go.

Megan Maree Walker Boehm said...

How exciting! You should take some pictures of your new place!