Thursday, April 24, 2008

Plants

Some of our plants are starting to grow! Devin has done a good job taking care of them, and hopefully they will continue to grow. Here's our tomato plant. It's actually grown quite a bit from when we planted it. This is our rhubarb. I have never been a very big fan of rhubarb myself, but if Devin liks it and is willing to take care of it, he can plant whatever he wants! And here are our peas. We have quite a few that are starting to grow.
It is so fun to see a few of our plants growing. I hope they will continue to do well. And hopefully in not too long, we will be able to eat some of the yummy vegetables!

5 comments:

mom said...

Wow, that garden is huge! It probably takes you two hours to weed. Just joking! I think it is fun to grow anything. Hopefully the plants add to making your apartment feel like a home. Why don't you grow a cucmber plant? You could realize a little more per plant than growing peas. Peas are fun but it takes an awful lot of plants to get a handful of peas. Tell Devin I will save him some of my produce in the fall.

Annette said...

Yum, yum. I'm not a huge fan of rhubarbe either but Ron's mom has an amazing recipe for rhubarb pie that I really like. Let me know if you need it!

Ras Fam said...

Your hair looks so cute, I hope you are having fun working out and planting a garden, etc. Looks like it's warm there, lucky...

Mom / Nana / Suzi said...

Awesome garden!!! What a fun summer project you have. I know Devin's love is to work in the yard so hopefully taking care of plants in pots will give him some source of satisfaction. In the end it's the eating it that's most important anyway.

The Walker Fam said...

GO DEVIN!!! Great job. Those plants are looking awesome. I think growing something is one of the most satisfactory things in life. How beautiful.
~Britnee