Friday, April 25, 2008

A Killer Workout

Nancy and I have started working out again. Our apartment complex here has a small fitness center that is actually pretty nice. They had a racquetball court as well. I say had because we were all under the impression that we were going to be able to play this summer, but when we got here, we learned that they were in the process of changing that racquetball court into an extension of the weight room. We were all a little bummed. But Nancy and I have been trying to be good everyday, and we have done pretty well so far. We'll just have to see if we can continue to do so. Nancy suggested that we look through her Shape Magazines to see if we could find new workouts that would be good. I was a little reluctant to at first because the only way that I can really lose weight is to be on a treadmill for an hour. But then I came across a treadmill workout. I tried it for the first time today and I actually quite like it. So if any of you are looking for a good workout on the treadmill, here's one for you:

0-4 minutes: Walk at 3.5 mph on an incline of 3-6%
4-6 minutes: Jog at 5 mph on a 0% incline
6-8 minutes: Walk at 3.5 mph on an incline of 3-6%
8-10 minutes: Run at 6 mph on a 0% incline
10-50 minutes: Repeat aboce circuit 4 times
50-52 minutes: Cool down at 3.5 mph on a 0% incline

It's a killer! But it definitely leaves you with a good feeling when it is all done. We'll just see if I can keep it up!

Everything out here is still going well. We are excited to have Tricia and Gordon and Megan and Jordan come out sometime today, and then we're excited to see Todd and Kara on Sunday. We are having beautiful weather and everything here has been nice! Hopefully the summer will go well for everyone who has or will come out!

2 comments:

mom said...

Now you kids can't be too good at exercizing and you won't give the rest of us a chance in the competition. The workout sounds good but yes, definitely a killer for old people. I'll just try the tortoise version of slow and steady. Glad things are going well.

Nancy said...

You inspire me to do more at the gym everytime we go. Thanks for pushing me this week and getting our butts there every day!