Monday, May 19, 2008

We had another good weekend this past week. Devin had a good week selling (which we were both very grateful for). On Saturday Kara, Nancy and I went over to Tricia's and played some Rummikub. Unfortunately Tricia won... then we played a couple rounds of Boggle. I just love Boggle!! Hopefully we'll be playing more of that this summer! The whole time that we were playing MTV was having a So You Think You Can Dance marathon from last season!! It just made us all that more excited for Thursday! Then when the boys got home we ran over to Panda to get some food and went to see Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian. We all liked it although I don't think I liked it as much as the first one. Devin came out of the movie saying, "I wish we had magic" and "I want to go to Narnia". I told him that he can have magic when he creates his world. On our way home we had to stop at Meijer's to pick up a few groceries and we saw a pretty crazy accident on our way home. There was a car that was missing the front bumper and one that was flipped all the way upside down. We watched for a minute as it looked like they were trying to get someone on a stretcher and then we left. We also saw a pretty sweet lightning storm. By this time it was about 1 in the morning and Devin went and watched the storm for a minute and then we went to bed. We woke up on Sunday and headed for our meeting with the bishop. He wanted to meet with all of the APX people and it turned out that John, Nancy, Tricia, Gordon, Devin and I were the only ones there. I wasn't all that surprised since it was at 10:15 in the morning, but he only talked to us for about 15 minutes. We had a good sacrament meeting and during Sunday School we got pulled out by a member of the bishopric to be asked to be primary workers. He didn't tell us what age group we would have, he just said that the primary president would give us a call sometime to let us know exactly what she needed. So we'll see what that turns out to be. After church, the ward clerk and his wife invited the APX group over for a bbq and to play games. They are a really nice family. It was fun to get together with everyone and eat hamburgers and hot dogs and just talk about the area. We then played some Mormon Bridge (with a few different rule changes) and creepers and slammers (which was a first for a lot of people). It was a lot of fun though. Well, we can't wait for Mark to get out here. This week should be fun! And before any of you fall asleep from reading this I will end. Hopefully this will be a great week for everyone!! And don't forget - Thursday So You Think You Can Dance starts!!!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Ah Jeah! I had fun this week too. This summer seems to be just rolling by! I can't wait for Thursday! Rock On.

mom said...

Thanks for letting me hear about your weekend. I'm glad it was a good week selling. I'm glad you girls get to have fun together. Hopefully Mark will work hard and you kids can point him in a good direction. I sure love you all and miss you.