Saturday, June 7, 2008

Reading

I decided that I really enjoy reading. I've always known this, but I just realized it once again. I spent a couple of days reading Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse (the only 3 books I brought out with me this summer). I love being able to create the story in your mind and through that, really put yourself into the story. It's fun to watch movies and tv shows, but you can't get into the story the same that you do a good book. Because I only brought 3 books out with me, I picked up a couple more at Costco when Nancy and I went yesterday. I got The Host by Stephenie Meyer (the same author who wrote the Twilight series) and The Judas Strain, which I have never heard of, but the description on the back sounded pretty good, and the book was only $4.50. So I figured I'd give it a shot. Tricia read The Host and said that she liked it, although she didn't quite like it as much as Twilight. She said it was more along the lines of Alliance. By the way, if any of you haven't read the Alliance I would definitely recommend it! It's a great read. I am excited to read these other two books, but I have found that I have to pace myself. If I read them, then I won't get anything else done, and I still have a couple of home study classes from BYU that I have to finish. We'll see how those go... In the midst of all of my reading I have decided what I want to go back to school for. I am going to be an editor. Which means many grammar rules and all that fun stuff! :) I decided it's something that I can do from home, and I enjoy reading anyways, so I might as well make some money while I do it! Well, that's about all from me today. I hope that you are all doing well and that everyone is enjoying their summer! And congratulations to Chelsee who just got her mission call!!! We are so excited for you!!!!! :)

5 comments:

Harrop Family said...

I am just reading Twilight for the very first time. I'm on chapter six. I'm actually impressed with myself because with three little ones, I NEVER have time to read. I'm kind of neglected a few things to be able to read, but I'm totally loving the book. Have you seen the trailer for the movie? It's fantastic. I'm glad you like reading. You'll have to let us know how you like your new books.

Lianne said...

I have seen the trailer. My oldest sister would call herself obsessed with Twilight, and she is always posting stuff on her blog. So that's how I first got into it. You'll have to let me know how you like it when you are done!

Tricia said...

I'm glad you finished them and like them! You'll have to let me know how you like The Host. And I think it's awesome that you want to be an editor. That is a great job for a stay-at-home-mom and, if nothing else, at least you can proof your kids' papers, right? :)

Annette said...

Ah, a girl after my own heart. Reading is so much fun. I just wish I had time to read all the good books out there. As far as Twilight goes, I've decided that "guilty pleasure" is a better description than "obsession" when it comes to our relationship.

mom said...

I love to hear that you are reading. It is one of my favorite things. I have read three books since dad has been gone and it is a nice outlet. But I am glad that you remember you do have some classes to finish. I think the idea for your major sounds great. I heard a comment on the radio for one of the colleges down south and it was that no one ever says they regret getting a college degree. Kind of reminds me what I used to say about piano. Hope you go for it.