Friday, August 22, 2008

I was watching Ellen today and this little boy was on the show. Cody is 6 years old, and he was born with some defect in both of his legs, so they had to amputate both of them. On the show, they showed him swimming, running and playing soccer. They also talked about how he went to visit men who had lost their legs fighting wars, and he would tell them to not be afraid. I just thought he was such a cute kid! And I was impressed by how he was still a happy little boy, doing things that any kid loves to do! It is definitely a feel good story! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what I would do, but I don't think I would well. I have so much respect for people that have lost a limb. It must be so hard and they must have those moments, but when they are happy it is so inspiring. A girl came into my dad's unit, she was 21 or 22, they didn't dnow what was wronge with her, they had to take her leg. they studied her, they knew she was getting colts in her muscule, but they didn't know why. They would cut open her limbs to try and get it to stop spreading. Year long story short, she lost 3 and a half limbs. They finnaly linked it to a spider bite she got on a vaction. She may have even died, i just remember always asking my dad how she was doing. So sad! I guess the whole spiderman didn't work out so well for her.

Harrop Family said...

lianne, that is awesome. Thanks for sharing. What an inspirational story. Reminds me to have a happy attitude.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words! Cody is my son and we are so blessed he is in our lives. We forget sometimes until we see how he touches others. Thanks for sharing his message with your friends!

mom said...

Wow!!!! None of us should be depressed.