Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Last Few Days...

Devin and I have had a few fun filled days in Colorado. We got here Thursday afternoon, and have been pretty busy ever since we've been here. Britnee was nice enough to give Devin a haircut, and she trimmed up my hair as well. That was nice since the last time we cut our hair was when we were in Indiana on our way out to Ohio for the summer. Thanks Britnee!



We all went to the temple together on Saturday morning. That was a good experience. It was my second time going through, so I was a little nervous, but I am glad that we had the opportunity to go. Devin and I were asked to be the witness couple, so that was cool to be able to do that as well. I am glad that they wanted to go to the temple. The Denver Temple is way smaller than the Mt. Timpanogos Temple, but it was still very pretty. I'm still amazed at the peace and quiet and the Spirit that you feel in the temple. There's nothing like it!





Devin absolutely loves playing with his nieces and nephew. He is always doing crazy things with Daiken, like tossing him up in the air, or having him do somersaults in his arms. When we went to dinner at Chili's on Friday night he lifted Daiken up in the air and had him hang onto this little roof. He actually let go of him a couple of times and Daiken just hung there by himself. Britnee always looks so worried when he does this kind of stuff and I totally understand why. It just makes me wonder what he is going to do with our kids...





Devin and I took Gyle's 22 up shooting Saturday afternoon. It was so nice to see the mountains and be able to be in them again! There is a family in the Walker's ward that has 5 acres of land in the mountains, and they have shooting booths set up on the mountainside, so we went up there to shoot. It was fun shooting, although the gun jammed on an empty shell every other bullet. I think Devin spent more time digging out those shells than we spent actually shooting the gun!



Here are our targets that we shot at. It's not a very good picture, but I would say we did a pretty good job.



Chelsee had her farewell on Sunday and they had an open house after church was over. She is going to the Nevada, Las Vegas mission and she goes into the MTC on September 10. She gave such an awesome talk in Sacrament Meeting and then her and Britnee and Tyson performed a musical number that was great as well! After church, I noticed that Brailee had a bunch of books that she was reading to herself, and so I asked her if she would come over and read them with me. We read books for about a half an hour. While we were reading Daiken decided he wanted to come and join us. We read about 9 books, everything from The Cat in the Hat to Dr. Seuss's ABC to The Bear Detectives. It was fun to sit and read with the kids. I don't know if you can see the wet spot on my shorts in the second picture, if you can, I did not pee my pants, Brailee just spilled some water on me. The Walker's spent the last couple of days cooking and making yummy snacks for the open house. They made some delicious food!



Here are just some pictures of the kids that I took in the last couple of days. Daiken just loves his sun glasses and he is always wearing them. It is so cute! You can see in one picture he is even wearing 2 pairs. I just love that picture of Devin and Daiken in their sun glasses. Stud muffins!









It's been so fun to be able to spend time with the Walkers. They are such a great family. These kids are so cute! Everyone always asks them either, "Who loves you the most?" or "Who's your favorite?" Tyson had Brailee pinned down and he kept asking her "Who loves you the most?" And she kept yelling over and over, "Lianne, Lianne, Lianne." I thought it was pretty cute. Over the next couple of days, we should be swimming, camping and having a good time, and then we will head back to Utah on Thursday. I'm sure I'll post again before that. I hope that post didn't bore you to death, I know it was a long one!

3 comments:

mom said...

It was a great post. I am so glad you have been able to have a little fun. Sorry when you get back here you will have to have reality set in. I like the haircuts. The nieces and nephews pictures are cute.

Anonymous said...

Those pics are so cute!! It sounds like you guys had a great time!

Annette said...

You never bore us Lianne. Fun pics and fun times it sounds like!