Monday, February 9, 2009

So we finally got wireless internet in our apartment!! Yay! Hopefully this will mean a lot more posts. I definitely have a lot of catching up to do, so this post is going to be long, but hopefully it'll be ok.


First up, I finally have a couple pictures of our apartment to post. (This is mainly for Annette) So here we have the kitchen - notice the sweet yellow stove. I know you're all jealous. :)



And the living room. One of these days I will make some curtains for the window above the couch and also for the one above the table.


And this is our new fish tank (well semi-new). It's in our living room and it's so fun. We have some pretty sweet fish in there!


I can finally post a picture of the really pretty roses that Devin gave me for our 1 year anniversary. So here they are.


I'm sure you all remember Devin's love for gardening. He decided that he wanted to start his garden a little early this year - at least the tomatoes. So we have a few tomato plants growing on our kitchen table. Here's what he has so far.


Well after my last post about snowboarding, Devin decided what better way to follow up then to go out and buy me a snowboard. There were a couple of stores in the mall having sales, so we went to look at them, and we found a really good deal. So I now own a snowboard, boots, and bindings. I am really excited that there are no shoelaces to tie! The big question will be how many times they will actually get used though...


The next couple of weeks will be interesting for us. Devin is working graveyard shifts for the next 3 weeks. So he will leave for work when I get off of work and he'll get home around the time that I wake up. Hopefully they'll go by fast! That's about all that's new with us. I'll try and get a few more posts out now that we actually have the internet!

12 comments:

Annette said...

Thanks for posting pictures! Your place looks great. I had a nice green stove. Think about all the chick flicks you can watch while Devin has to work graveyards! He seriously should study horticulture. I can't wait to hear more snowboarding stories!

Emily said...

Ugh, graveyard shift! Hope that's a temporary thing! And hope it goes by FAST!

Ras Fam said...

Love the new apt., we have the same stove and matching hood in olive green, they are pretty sweet appliances. Cute snowboard and boots!

Tricia said...

I'm glad you're all accessorized for this new, generally painful hobby! :) Your place looks cute!

Anonymous said...

We don't have it set up at our house right now... and it is so hard to post. I have to bring my laptop over to my parents...and then because i am at there house i stay forever... and my camera broke... It is just been getting harder and harder. But the boy is huge! And I like your home, the stove rocks! You will always remember it. Tomatoes, that is fun.

Nancy said...

Love the pics. Im glad you got the internet too. Its miserable to not be able to do the things you want to.

Cori said...

Cute place! My last stove was yellow. I miss that stove....JK!
I feel for you on the graveyards. Rick used to do those all the time when he was at Geneva. I don't think I ever slept through the night. Good luck!

Leslie said...

I think that is so cool Devin likes to garden

Megan Maree Walker Boehm said...

I am glad you got internet back! Very cute place!!! I miss your blogs. Love ya guys!

Kizzy said...

Your apartment looks cute. I love your new snowboarding gear too. You have to use it, and I need someone to go with when the boys want to go. It will be fun!

Harrop Family said...

Yahoo!!! I'm so glad to finally see pictures of your cute apartment! You have good taste in decorating. I love the fish tank. You picked out a cool looking board even if you don't use it very much.
Good luck with not seeing your hubby. I'm so sorry. I would HATE that. I remember when we were first married and Adam would work at the campus library until 12:00 or 1:00 at night and I hated being alone, so I just stayed up until he got home. Silly.

Cant wait to see you!!!!!!!!!!

mom said...

Wow! That is a clean apartment but where are the pictures of your office and bedroom? I know you have lots of spare time now that Devin is working late.