Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snowboarding

Kara and Ryan asked us if we wanted to go snowboarding with them. Devin was excited to go while I reluctantly agreed. I have never been before so I was a little nervous about the whole thing, but I went. We went up to Brighton on Saturday for some night boarding. It was my first time and also Mark's first time. We thought it would be good because Devin and Ryan could go together while Kara and I hung out. Mark picked it up really quickly and ended up with the boys. Everyone warned me that I would hate snowboarding for the first time, and they were all right. I spent most of the night on my butt or my face. Needless to say, it wasn't the most enjoyable time I've ever had. I like to think I got better towards the end of the night, but I don't know if that's really true... Luckily it was snowing so when I fell I wasn't falling onto pure ice. I'm glad that I went and will maybe go again one day... Thanks to Kara and Ryan and Mark for going with us/inviting us to come. I know for sure Devin had fun! And thanks to Kim for letting me borrow your gear so I didn't have to rent any! I'm glad that we all made it out in one piece!

6 comments:

Annette said...

Way to try something new. Hopefully the next time it will be more fun - for you and your butt!

Kizzy said...

You did better than I did my first time so you should be proud. I told myself I never wanted to go again after my first time, but I want to get good so that's why I keep going. You'll want to go again someday. Maybe not I guess.

Nancy said...

Im glad there were no broken bones too. We should go skiing sometime, I think you would like that better. How is P90X going?

Harrop Family said...

haha, that's really cute. You are such a good wife Lianne! Way to go!

Hay Dub said...

Yea! I am so proud of you! Ya Snowboarding is pretty crazy the first time. Are you going to go again? Aree got a snowboard for her birthday and starts lessons next week. You have to at least give it one more try. It is so fun:)

Jarom said...

Dude snow boarding is brutal the first time. it just takes time, effort, and persistence. I chickened out and have stuck with skiing. I BELIEVE IN YOU LIANNE!