Monday, January 12, 2009

Happenings...

I know that I haven't posted for a while, but things are going well for us. We had a good low-key New Year's Eve, hanging out and playing games with the family. Then we celebrated our first year anniversary on January 4th. I can't believe that we have already been married for an entire year! Crazy how time goes by! We had our ups and downs in our first year of marriage (as I am sure every newlywed couple has), but I feel like our relationship has been strengthened and I know we will grow closer together in the coming year. We are really liking our new apartment. I promise I will post pictures soon, I am still working on getting stuff organized and cleaned up. Maybe one day soon we'll have everything put together. Devin is in St. George the beginning of this week working on the Spring Resets at the St. George store. He was definitely excited about the warmer weather, but they have him working 2 nights of graveyard shifts, so he was not excited about that. Hopefully it'll be a nice change of pace for him though. One of my New Year's Resolutions is to get back in shape. Devin gave me the workout program P90X for Christmas. I've been doing it for a week now and it is a great workout! Devin was telling me that he was sitting in the breakroom discussing with some of his buddies what they had gotten their spouses or girlfriends for Christmas. Someone asked Devin what he got me and he said that he gave me a workout video. From the corner he heard a girl say, "what an ass..." He then had to explain that that's what I wanted for Christmas. I thought it was pretty funny. (Sorry about the profanity.) That's pretty much all that is going on with us. Nothing too exciting. Thanks for reading!

11 comments:

Kizzy said...

I'm glad everything is going good. I can't believe you guys have been married for a year already! My how time flies. Hopefully Devin is getting along ok, and that's really funny that girl said that. It does sound kind of sad when you don't know the whole story. Thanks for posting again!

Tricia said...

Hooray! A new post! I love your header too. I'm glad things are going well for you guys and I hope Devin survives his trip down south. I'm excited to see your place all done! It's always fun to make a house a home...

Ras Fam said...

I love the new look. I am trying to get in shape too, it is really hard, but it makes it a whole lot easier when your husband totally supports you, because lets face it in the end it benefits you both! That sounds like a really get workout from what I've heard, good luck!

Annette said...

That girl will probably say that again...but in a good way after you do your workouts!

Emily said...

I wish I was in St. George right now, too!

The Ormond Family said...

Lianne - where do you guys live? I saw some of your Christmas pics and they look pretty darn similar to where we lived when we were first married!

Daniel said...

Word up, homies...

Kara and Todd said...

Ha ha! That's a funny story! I'm glad you got what you wanted for christmas. I've heard great things about that program. Anyways, now that the beginning of school is settling, we need to hang out. We are jealous of your guys' cute apartment!!!

Nancy said...

Ha. I thought Annettes comment says it all. Way to go with the working out! I inspire to be like you, Lianne!

The Walker Fam said...

Love you TWO!!! So glad that you're part of our family Lianne! You are amazing and I love you tons!!! Happy One Year!!!

Harrop Family said...

Lianne,
Adam want's P90X SOOOO bad! So I think it's awesome that you got it for Christmas. Adam has gotten me workout videos or equipment many times for birthday or Christmas. He always says, "I try to think of what you really want most, and that's an in shape body right?" I just have to laugh.