Saturday, March 14, 2009

A New Purchase

Last weekend Devin and I went shopping for a washer and dryer. We started out looking at the Sears Outlet, but didn't really find anything that we really liked, so then we went over to RC Willey. We talked to one of their sales guys and he tried to sell us on their expensive front loaders, and as much as we wanted them, we decided we needed something cheaper. So we headed over to Home Depot. There we found just your basic washer and dryer, for just over $500. For the both of them. We were pretty excited! They were delivered this morning. So we now have a working washer and dryer! We had been doing our wash over at mom and dad's house, which we were very grateful for. Thanks mom and dad! I promise that we will still come over and visit, even if we aren't doing wash! So here's our new washer and dryer. :)

8 comments:

Ras Fam said...

Yay! Congratulations on the new arrival! We bought ours from Valerie and her husband and I love that we have our own set to take with us wherever we go (since we move 3 times a year lately). I am truly excited for you.

Renae said...

Congrats!
You really are getting "old" now if you actually own major appliances.

Annette said...

Happy washing and drying!

Megan Maree Walker Boehm said...

I am so glad you blogged about it! Very exciting! Congrads

Emily said...

I still remember very vividly when we bought our first W/D. It was so GREAT not to have to go to the laundrymat anymore! Happy "clothes washing at your own house in the middle of the night or in your pj's!"

Nancy said...

Those look beautiful! Happy laundry days!

mom said...

It is wonderful to be able to do wash at home. So okay, here is how old I am. We bought our first "washer" when Annette was about two years old. It was a little portable one that hooked up to the kitchen sink. You put the clothes in one side and that had a little agitator. Then you put the wet clothes in to other side and it had a spinner that would spin the water out. Then you would hang them on a line to dry. Annette loved to "help". But hay, the whole process really was better than going to the laundromat. (However you spell it.)

Tricia said...

Hooray!! That is exciting. I'm glad you were able to find a good deal. I love having a washer/dryer that doesn't feel like it's about to explode. My trouble is not procrastinating taking the clothes out of the washing machine. I hate that mildewy smell...speaking of which, I think I have a load sitting in there right now! ;)