Thursday, March 5, 2009

Things are going well for Devin and myself. We are back to our normal schedule. Woo-hoo! This week has been a good one. It started with Devin's birthday. He is a quarter of a century old now. Crazy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweetie!
We had our Manning family VALENTINE'S DAY celebration on Monday night. We played the traditional shoot the arrow through the heart, and then my mom added the blindfolded musical chairs - which was definitely much more entertaining to watch than to play.
Then on Tuesday we had some of Devin's friends over for a birthday bbq where we were able to use our new bbq for the first time. Devin made some good brats. I think we are going to get some great use out of our bbq this summer! I can't wait. And of course, I didn't get any pictures at anything that we did. Sorry...
I started a new position up at our LEHI branch this week, so I will be working up there from now on. I am excited for it, and it should be a good change.
When Devin was working graveyards, mom came over and helped me figure out some stuff that we can do in our apartment to get things more organized and to make them look better, which I was very grateful for. So she found me some drawers to organize our bathroom stuff, and it definitely helped me get this room cleaned up. So here's the finished product. For now...


This next picture is totally random, but I found this in the bathroom one morning when I woke up to get ready. It took me off guard for a minute. So this is what Devin did at work that night when he was supposed to be workin hard for the money. :)


And this is really what this post was supposed to be about. Devin got our small GARDEN ready for the summer. He got some bricks to put our bbq on and he dug up the soil and got out all of the big rocks. I am excited to eat lots of fresh produce this summer. Grandma said that we could use part of their garden this summer so we are very excited about that. I know what Devin's going to be doing every day after work...

I'm LOVING this warmer weather that we are having. It pretty much rocks!! I can't wait for spring! MORE SNOW PLEASE!!!! (from Devin...)

6 comments:

The Walker Fam said...

Wow! Do I get to be the first to post a comment on your blog... that's a first 'cuz you are so popular that I have to wait in line. (giggle) Congrats on the bathroom and the garden! Love you guys!!! Just don't get too excited for spring until after all the chance of frost is gone. I've been disappointed way too many times over the years. Wish I was there to eat some of that produce you will grow!!!

Annette said...

No more snow!! I'm ready to be warm. I'm glad you guys are back to normal.

Kim Gishi said...

I like how you highlighted certain words - you should do that every time, but highlight random words like "it" and "a" just to throw people off. I'm so jealous of your garden!! I was so excited to get that if we moved in.... Make sure you grow enough to share :)

Nancy said...

Cute bathroom and I cant wait to see what your garden puts out! Glad u guys are back to normal. I'll come visit you up in Lehi sometime and check out the new place!

Anonymous said...

Twenty-five! Happy Birthday Devin. You are such a good wifey. Snow....you should never wish for snow.

Jenna said...

I'm ready for warm weather too!