Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Things on My Mind

So... I have had a lot of things on my mind lately. Mainly ways that I can change/improve my life. I would like to say that I will start to do all of this stuff within the next week, but come on, let's get real... Here are a few of my thoughts:

I watch way too much TELEVISION (as I am sitting here typing, watching American Idol). I need to get my lazy butt off of the couch and do something different. (And I really need to start working out again - which I keep saying, but haven't yet done.)

I need to start EATING better. I snack on Jolly Ranchers and Starbursts all day at work, and then come home and eat my weight in Doritos... Ok, so it's really not that bad, but I could definitely make some improvements!

I need to find a better way to keep our apartment clean. We clean it really well, and then ignore it until it's too dirty and can't take it anymore. I love the feeling of a clean apartment, and I know that it's easier to do little things every day then to do a big CLEANING, but I guess that hasn't really sunk in yet. Maybe after we do our spring cleaning and get everything organized, it'll be easier. Maybe...

We have been talking about setting up a BUDGET for a while now, but so far it has been all talk. I finally typed one up at work the other day. Making progress. :) Now we just need to go through and fine tune it (and actually put it to use).

Along with a budget, we have a hard time grocery shopping because we never make a list, so a lot of it is impulse buying. Let me just say that we end up spending more than we should. So my next project at work will be to make us GROCERY LISTS - in a tear off pad, something we can keep on the fridge.

I need to get better at writing cards - birthday cards, Christmas cards, thank you cards, pretty much any CARDS. I'll have to make some of those at work as well. Oh it's nice to have so many resources at my fingertips.

I don't know if it is just the nice weather that has me thinking about new things I can do and ways to improve, but I am definitely excited to make some changes for the better!

On a side note - I am loving the warmer weather that we are having (even if it is only every couple of days). I can't wait for the cold weather to finally leave for the year!

On an extra side note - I am even more excited to be able to spend time with family over the next few months - whether it be traveling out to see people or having them travel in to spend time in Utah! There's nothing better than hanging out with the fam!

Ok, sorry, this post is long enough... I just challenge everyone that if there is something out there that you really want to do, start tomorrow. Hopefully we'll all be able to change our lives for the better! Happy spring!

6 comments:

The Crazy Clawson's said...

but come on, the jollies and starburst are so good though right?? and what else are we suppose to do there, eat ok....but in all seriousness glad you are making head way...i can really learn from you....that is why i like you so much

Annette said...

Let me know when you get #1 and #2 figured out. I'm on a budget but I consider that word a swear word...until it gets bigger.

Kara and Todd said...

I need to do all those things too!! But... eh.... we'll see. ;)

mom said...

Yes, those are all good ideas and yes we all need to improve. I really do think it is important to get plans into action now. Life will only get crazier and every little step we take to control what we can makes life so much better. With you both working there is no reason that you can't divide and conquer. With nicer weather, a good walk in the evening together does a body good. Good luck. Hope you have mind over matter.

Renae said...

I think you have some great ideas. Some I am trying to do better also--of course, we are coming into Easter, 2 birthdays, an anniversary and Mother's Day. That is just a killer time for us in the sweets department.

But I figure if I just try a little at a time and get everyone else involved too then it sure helps.

The Walker Fam said...

You sound waaayy tooo much like me! I need to figure out a better cleaning schedule, grocery shop from a menu and be more conscientious of those around me. Thanks for your thoughts! You're the best!!!