Monday, June 1, 2009

Branson, MO

Let me just start off by saying this post is pretty long, sorry... We had a fabulous week with the Walkers in Branson Missouri. When they originally told us that was where we were going, we didn't know what to think. We had such a good time though! We flew out to Colorado and then drove to Branson. On our way out we were able to stop in Independence to visit the Visitor's Center there and then we drove up to Liberty Jail. It was my first time there and it was really cool to see.



This is the temple for the reorganized church. We were going to take a tour through it but it was closed for the day.



And Liberty Jail. It was way cool to see. They said the only thing that is still original is the floor. It always amazes me to go to church history sites and see the places where the prophet actually stood. I'm definitely grateful for everything Joseph Smith went through to restore the Gospel on the earth today!





While we were in Branson we did lots of fun stuff. We had a blast going miniature golfing. It was especially a lot of fun to watch the kids.









I had my first experience dying my hair. Britnee was doing Suzi's hair and she offered to do mine as well, so I got some highlights. I love the way that the color turned out (and of course I didn't get any pictures of the finished product...) Thank you Britnee!



We also spent a day up at Silver Dollar City. Devin looked like a kid in a candy store. He rode every ride with a huge smile on his face. It was totally fun to watch.









The rest of the week involved playing at the pool, a lot of Canasta and Ticket to Ride. We went and saw the Dutton's perform who were on America's Got Talent. It was a very entertaining show.

Sorry Britnee, I just couldn't resist posting these videos. That was just too awesome. Please don't hate me. :)

We had a great time and it was so nice to get away for the week. Thank you to the Walkers for such a fun time!

10 comments:

Kim Gishi said...

That's awesome. We love Ticket to Ride. I've always wanted to go to the church history sites - that's way cool you go to go see that stuff.

Nancy said...

Fun trip indeed! Im glad there are still some people out there who get to vacation. Sounds like you guys did a lot of fun stuff. I need pics though of your new hair!!

Leslie said...

Your summer is starting out right! how fun!

Emily said...

When we lived in MO we met our college friends from TX in Branson for a week and had a BLAST!! One of our favorite trips! Silver Dollar City was our favorite part, too!!

The Crazy Clawson's said...

So jealous...we totally missed you here.....and of course the hair is fabulous...so cute

Tricia said...

I agree with Leslie! That's definitely the way to start the summer! I'm glad you guys have been vacationing for those of us who can't. We're so excited to see you guys! Post a pic of your hair too! I'm dying to see what it looks like!!

Kizzy said...

Looks like tons of fun! I'm glad you got to have a fun vacation. Those Walkers are lots of fun!

mom said...

I liked the pictures. Walkers are a fun family and very nice to let us come stay with them. I love Lianne's hair. The color is really nice and it has a lot of body. Thanks for posting.

Harrop Family said...

You Stinker!!! I can't believe you actually posted those pictures of me!! That was SO embarrassing and I so did not want to be up there. I am not a "shake your hips" kind of girl!

You'll have to check out my pictures cuz I got a ton of you two at the pool.

I had such a great time and was so glad to have you as a friend to hang out with. I know! Let's do it again!!!

Kara and Todd said...

Hey! We were just there! Lol. Sounds like you had a great time. So... I kind of want to take a trip to Forks Washington. They have these twilight cottages you can stay in. How romantic. You, Walker, Todd and I should soooo go!!! ;)