Thursday, August 6, 2009

It's Been Awhile...

Devin told me today that I need to post more. I have been meaning to but just haven't done it yet. So enough excuses, here's what we have been up to lately:

We had the opportunity to go to the Days of '47 Rodeo up at the E Center. It was the first time either of us had been to a rodeo before and it was pretty fun to watch. Some of those cowboys sure are crazy! I don't think you could ever get me up on the bucking bronco or on the bull. That's not my idea of fun. We were sitting right above the gates so it was fun to watch them poke and prod the bulls and get them ready to ride and it was fun watching the cowboys all sitting on top of the gates.


We ate our first zucchinis out of our garden! They sure were yummy! Devin's garden is still growing very well. We've eaten quite a few things from it and have lots more stuff that is getting ripe! Garden veggies are the best!

We went boating for a company party at work and of course I forgot my camera. We had a good time riding the wave runners and boats and Devin even got to wake board a little. But apparently we don't really know how to use sunscreen cause we got completely fried. It was a lot of fun though!


The Walker family had their family reunion up at North Fork Park Campground (or something like that...). Now normally I am not a fan of camping but Devin assured me that it would be fun. So we pulled out our 10-man tent and packed up to go. I can say that I actually had a good time camping over the weekend. We hung out, went boating, played games and had an all around good time.

Boating was a lot of fun! I tried the tube for the first time. I definitely didn't realize how hard it was. I got back in the boat and my arms were pretty much dead. It was so funny to watch Devin on the beach. When we got there he found a hole that was filled with water. He decided it was his mission to dig that hole deeper and make it more like a mud bath. He spent quite a while digging with the oars and the sand castle buckets. At one point in time he even had little castle towers around the edges. It was quite entertaining to see all of the little kids - and then Devin - definitely still a kid at heart. So here he is enjoying the fruits of his labors.

5 comments:

Annette said...

I agree with Devin - you need to post more! I went to a rodeo once. I didn't know whether to laugh or freak sometimes. Have mom give you the zucchini pasta recipe I gave her. It's deelish!

Kizzy said...

Looks like you guys have had a lot of fun. I'm glad you've had a lot of things to do. Thanks for posting.

Tricia said...

I'm glad you are enjoying the summer. I was thinking about the good times we had in OH the other day. Just think, instead of camping, boating, rodeo-ing, and vacationing, you guys could be out enjoying the bliss of summer sales!! Tempting isn't it?!?! :)

Kara and Todd said...

Lol. I can totally see Devin doing that!! I'm sure Todd would do the same. ;) Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! We definitely need more sun! We are little whiteys!! But We need to hang out soon! Its been a while.

mom said...

Nice post. One of these days I will get with it and post but I surely enjoy all that you kids post.