Saturday, August 15, 2009

Payson Lake and Our Garden

Last weekend we went down to Payson Lake to try out mom and dad's new canoe. It was a little bit of a chilly day, but for some reason I was expecting it to be warm when we got to the lake. Mom and dad were the first ones to try the canoe out and I really wish that I would've gotten a picture of both of them sitting in the canoe. It was riding pretty low and they said that you had to balance it just right otherwise it would tip. It was pretty entertaining watching them trying to master the canoe. After tipping it and getting soaked up to their wastes they decided it was much easier to ride in it with just one person.

They kept asking the rest of us if we wanted to try it, but we passed on the opportunity. Although Devin said he would've tried it...

So instead of playing in the canoe, we enjoyed the scenery, ate some lunch and Devin got in some fishing. I think in total he caught 5 fish - he only kept 2, but it was decent fishing. Mark even caught one (even though he doesn't have a license... Shhh... Don't tell anyone).


Our garden is flourishing! We have eaten quite a few delicious veggies out of it and our tomatoes are now getting ripe. Homegrown produce is the best!!!

7 comments:

Annette said...

Your blog looks awesome!! I love the header and the post dividers. I was thinking about trying that too.

Mom said her canoe was a bit of a disappointment. Your garden looks great. Every time I buy zucchini I kick myself for not planting any. We were late planting stuff and couldn't find any zucchini plants.

Ras Fam said...

What a fun time at the lake. Your garden looks awesome!

Renae said...

We just ate our first lemon boy tomato and it was yummy. We are hoping our zucchini keep growing. We planted late, but are hoping for some success anyway.

mom said...

I am glad you didn't get the picture of us launching the canoe. I was so disappointed in it. I still want a good canoe.

Cori said...

we went to Payson Lake a few weeks ago. I love it there! I didn't even get a bite...
the people next to us would cast out and get a bite immediately. Sooo not fair!
Cute blog redesign!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say Hi! Looks like a fun summer and I also love fresh produce! I can't wait till we can have a garden to!

Leslie said...

Wow your garden looks healthy and alive. I love it.