Sunday, September 6, 2009

Salsa!

When Devin first planted his garden he had plans of making salsa. Earlier in the week he picked a big bagful of tomatoes and then yesterday he went out and got another bagful. He got his mom's recipe and made some yesterday. He grew the tomatoes and jalapenos and we bought everything else from the store.


We ended up with 9 pints of salsa and then we had a little bit extra that we ate last night. It is delicious! And thanks mom for letting us borrow some of your stuff!

11 comments:

Harrop Family said...

OOOOOHHHHH!!!! I am SOOO jealous!! That absolutely LOOKS delicious! I can even smell it by looking at the pictures. Oh YUM!!!

I think mom has plans of making some in a little bit here too, so lets cross fingers that that still happens!!!

Annette said...

That's awesome that your garden has done so well! And good job on the canning!

Megan Maree Walker Boehm said...

Looks great!! I just love making salsa! We have been making lots with kristas gardens veggies.

Nancy said...

You guys are so domestic! Way to get that produce used!

Kim Gishi said...

How much you selling it for?

Leslie said...

That's awesome. I'm definitely jealous.

mom said...

I love the progress pictures. There are very few things that give such a feeling of satisfaction as full jars on the shelf. Way to go.

Kizzy said...

That salsa looks delicious. I might have to come over to try it:) I'm impressed that you guys mad some. Way to go!

The Crazy Clawson's said...

you better be for bringing some of that in sister....yum yum

Renae said...

Yummy!
I just made some fresh salsa after helping my neighbor with her tomatoes and she gave me some. So good. Now I just need to can some because we are ALL out!!

And big brownie points to hubbies who help can. Way to go!

Jay and Krista said...

That looks so good!!!! It's so fun to learn how to can and know that you made all that stuff!! If you want a really good marinara sauce recipe to can, let me know!