Thursday, September 17, 2009

Life is Good

Now granted life isn't always peaches and cream, but lately I feel like life has been pretty good. I just wanted to share with you all a few things that I am grateful for.

(This isn't meant to be a sappy post, but it might turn out that way... So no offense if you stop reading anytime :))

First of all, I am so grateful to have the Gospel in my life. I see so many blessings in my life that I know would not be there if it weren't for the Gospel. I have really enjoyed going to church and the lessons that I have been taught there. My next step is to start reading and studying the Book of Mormon more, and go to the temple more often, sadly both of those are things I'm not very good at...

I am so grateful to have a loving husband. The first few months of our marriage were a little rocky, but I am very glad that he didn't give up on me (darn that birth control...). I think our marriage is stronger now that it has ever been and I am so grateful that I'll be able to spend eternity with Devin. I can't believe it's been 18 months! Love you babe!

I love family. Not too long ago, someone I work with asked me what in the world makes me really happy and one of the first things that popped into my head was spending time with family. I am so grateful for all of the invaluable lessons I was taught by my parents (why didn't I pay more attention to cooking and canning?!?). And I am so grateful that we didn't have close friends that lived nearby when we were growing up because it forced us to spend time together and my siblings are my best friends! I just wish we all lived on the same block - well maybe not that close, but at least closer than PA... One of these days... I also wish Devin's family lived closer to us. They're such great people and we miss spending time with them!

I am grateful that both Devin and I are employed right now. This is a tough time for a lot of people and we are both blessed to have good jobs. I feel especially blessed because I really like all of the people that I work with, which I know can be a rarity, and for the most part I really enjoy my job. To all of you out there who are looking for work my thoughts and prayers go out to you.

We live in such a beautiful state! I love everything from the mountains to the red rocks. I could do without the snow in winter but I guess you have to take the good with the bad. :)

Now my life is 100% fantastic, but it sure makes me a lot happier to focus on the good that on the bad. I've been wanting to put up some vinyl lettering in our apartment - I'm thinking maybe "Life is Good" on a wood board. It's so important to remember that the good things outweigh the bad and that yes, Life is good! I am so excited and terrified at the same time to see what life will bring us in the future. And I am grateful to have such great family and friends to be able to share that with.

Well, that's about it. Thanks for reading and just know how much we love you all!

9 comments:

Annette said...

Sappy is just fine.

Matt and Mindi said...

What a great post! I'm glad you see all the good and it reminds me to look at my many blessings, so thanks!!

Renae said...

I think it really does help to focus on some good stuff when things have been a little questionable.

Renae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tricia said...

Thanks for the great post! It's really is so important to count your blessings whether things are peachy or not! :) We love you guys too and thanks for being one of my best friends as well!

Way to go on all the salsa by the way! Looks delish!

Leslie said...

Great list!

Nancy said...

Im glad none of us had lives in high school too. Because now we can share ours with each other.

mom said...

We love our family. You kids make life interesting, happy, challenging, never boring, but totally great. We are so glad to be close in location or in communication .

The Crazy Clawson's said...

this is why i love to work with you...you are always so positive and i know i can count on you anytime...even when days are bad for me...you can tell me the silliest stories and it makes my day...and it is so neat that you and your fam are so close....