Thursday, February 16, 2012

It's Been A While...

I've decided that I'm really good at posting every 6 months or so. And it's funny because I always say I'll try and do better, but who am I kidding! :)
Quite a bit has happened for us since last 4th of July and the biggest thing is that we are now homeowner's!!
Our contract for out apartment was up last August so instead of paying more money in rent we decided we'd start looking for a house. We started looking in like February ish of last year and when our contract was up, instead of going month to month (and paying an extra $100/month) Kara and Ryan were nice enough to let us move into their basement.
We looked at probably 20 or more houses and had put a couple of offers on houses but none of them worked out. That was definitely a good thing! The house we ended up in had been on the market for a while and the bank that owned it dropped the price $10,000. As soon as they did that they had 15 showings in 2 days. After we looked at it, our realtor told us that if we liked it we had to put an offer on it pretty much that day. Luckily they were still taking offers. We offered and it came down between our offer and another offer. We beat theirs out by $200. So I would say we got pretty lucky. And then due to a low appraisal we got it for even less than we offered! We were both excited about that!
The house has everything we want for now! It's got a big yard (.33 acres). It's got 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a decent size kitchen (that was definitely a must for me - the kitchen in our apartment was tiny!) We were able to move in mid October. And it was really nice because the bank that had owned it painted all of the walls and put in new carpet throughout the house. They painted the walls a beige/tan ish color and I'm so happy they aren't white!!
So here's what our house looks like.


I haven't taken many pictures of the inside with our stuff in it because we're still getting everything set up the way we want it. But it's all coming along! And even though the process was a lot more stressful than I thought it would be, it's been so fun having our first house! We love it!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Holy moly, a new post! Just kidding. Keep the posts coming! I love your guys' house. Its gonna be a great place to live in and have kids in... when you're ready. I need to come down and see what else you guys have done to it since Christmas!

Kizzy said...

Thanks for posting! Maybe you'll inspire me to post something on my blog:) We'll see how that turns out though. Ryan and I love having you guys live close and I'm glad that house worked out for you.

Jay and Krista said...

I'm so glad you posted! I bet your house is sooo cute! I'm so sorry we haven't been down to see it. We need to plan another time to come down!