Saturday, April 12, 2008

More Traveling

Tonight we are in Valpraiso IN. It is a blast to stay with the Harrops. (Thanks guys!) Yesterday we drove from Peru IL to Chicago to meet the Harrops at the Shedd Aquarium. Driving through Chicago wasn't very much fun. We didn't know where we were going, and we were trying to get directions of the GPS, and Devin was talking to Britnee... Let me just say I was a little nervous. Devin said it reminded him of L.A. though so that gave me a little more faith in his big city driving. Here are a couple of the sites that we saw while driving through Chicago. First off is Sears Tower, then Lake Michigan. I heard that Wicked plays pretty much all year round, and I just thought that the statue was cool.

The aquarium was pretty awesome though. When you first walk into the aquarium they have a bunch of tanks set up to be like all of the rivers and different places around the world - so you can see what kind of fish live where. It was cool to see. They also had a really cool coral reef display, dolphins, and a cool lizard display as well. They had a Komodo Dragon which was a lot of fun to see. (I have no idea how to spell that or if that is even really what it is called. Devin keeps telling me it's Komoko, but I know he's trying to make me post that and look like an even bigger idiot.) That thing was HUGE though! Here is the Shedd Aquarium with the Sears Tower behind it. And a couple more pictures from the days' adventures.

After the aquarium we drove back to Valpraiso to spend a few more days with the Harrops. Today we woke up and watched the kids while Britnee took care of a few hair appointments.

After Britnee got home, we went to Shipshewana in IN. There is an Amish community there, unfortunately we got there after most of the shops were closed, but we drove around and got to see some horses and buggies, and we got some delicious fudge. It was a fun trip. We will be here until Monday and then we are moving on to our next and final stop - Columbus OH. It has been a really fun trip and I am way happy that we got to stop and spend time with Devin's family and see some cool things, but I am ready to get settled down again and have our own place again. Thanks for reading my blog. :) I hope that you all have a fabulous weekend!

7 comments:

Renae said...

You're right--its komodo! Sounds like you are having a fun time touring the country. Wish we could be free birds for awhile.

Jarom said...

dang lianne, you do a lot of nature sight-seeing :D. It sounds like y'all are having a lot of fun!

Annette said...

It was fun "talking" to you last night! I hope you guys have a good drive today. Chicago sounds fun.

mom said...

Big city driving is not my idea of fun but getting to see the sights is worth it. I'm so glad my little Orem girl gets to be a world traveler. Now you can say you have been somewhere cool. Don't enjoy your new stay at home life too much.

Tricia said...

I'm glad you're just about able to enjoy an apartment of your own again. And I'm so glad your trip cross-country was a fun one. Unfortunately, ours will be a lot more driving and a lot less site-seeing so I'm glad at least someone took advantage! Glad you made it there! :)

Cori said...

Hope you made it there safely! That town in Indiana is where Orville Redenbacher is from. Did you have any popcorn while there? The trip to Chicago looked so fun. I have only been there once. We didn't go to the aquarium :(. I saw a McDonalds on the interstate next to a toll booth. That was hilarious! Post some photos of the new pad when you are settled. We miss you!

Mom / Nana / Suzi said...

Glad you enjoyed the aquarium... My favortie was the Coral Reef exhibit. I don't mind driving in Chicago one bit - I just cannot figure out where in the heck I'm going! I'm used to the mountains being my compass point. How did Cori know about Orville? Britnee says in the summer they actually have "Popcorn Days" - Silly huh?