Thursday, April 10, 2008

Traveling

So it is 12:30 on a Thursday night and we are sitting in a hotel room in Peru IL. I feel like I haven't talked to anyone in forever, so I had to post. Luckily La Quinta has free Wi-Fi. Since my last post, we left Denver Wednesday afternoon and drove to Omaha NE. We got there late last night and stayed at a hotel right across from the Henry Doorly Zoo. We woke up this morning and went to the zoo! Devin was nice enough to go with me even though I think he would've rather just continued driving. But we both had fun and it is a great zoo! Unfortunately we didn't pick a very good day to go. It rained and it rained and it rained. Luckily though, most of the attractions are indoors, so I was very grateful for that. My favorite thing this time was the gorilla house. What a great building! While we were looking at the gorillas, we learned some very interesting things about the gorillas from one of the zookeepers. The new gorilla house that they built is way cool. They put in glass "bubbles" in different areas so you can see the gorillas from different angles. While we were looking in one, we had a couple of gorillas climb on the top of it. They were a lot of fun to watch.


Sorry that the pictures aren't fabulous, my camera struggled taking pictures at the zoo today. At the zoo, we went to the jungle, the desert, the cat complex, the ape house, the aquarium, the swamp, and the nocturnal house. We saw some really cool animals and it was a lot of fun to be at the zoo today. I would again recommend going to the Henry Doorly Zoo if any of you are ever in Omaha. It's awesome!


After the zoo, we were going to drive to Iowa City so that our drive to Chicago tomorrow wouldn't be that long, but by the time we got there it was only 7:30, and it was a complete downpour, so we decided to keep going. We drove a couple more hours and ended up in Peru IL. We had a pretty good drive, and saw some pretty awesome lightning. Tomorrow we are headed off to Chicago to go to the aquarium and also the the Amish towns with the Harrops. It's gonna be fun! I'll try and keep you guys updated, and I want you all to do the same since I feel like we haven't seen any of you in forever!!! I hope you all have a fabulous day or night or weekend (whenever you read this)!

4 comments:

Tricia said...

I'm SOOOOO jealous! Every year I try, and try, and try to convince Gordon to make a stop at the zoo but he never gives in. He's one of those "let's get there fast without ANY detours" travelers- especially when summer sales is awaiting... It does feel like forever since we last saw you guys but I'm glad that you're surviving the trip and that you're posting so much! You'll have to give me a call as soon as you get to our new apartments and let me know how they look! Nancy and John aren't far behind you! :)

Megan Maree Walker Boehm said...

Sounds like you guys are having a GREAT time!

Annette said...

That zoo was a lot of fun. Sounds like you're having a good time cruisin' cross the country!

Ras Fam said...

It looks like you are having so much fun on your trip. I miss you. Keep having fun!