Thursday, April 3, 2008

Packing, Packing, and Packing!

I hate packing! Devin and I spent the last 5 days packing up our apartment and cleaning. We are moving to Columbus OH tomorrow for the summer. I can't believe that it is finally here. I don't think that it has really sunk in yet, I still feel like we are just going on a vacation and we'll be back in a couple of days. Anyways... We decided not to keep our apartment, so we loaded up mom and dad's van (thanks for letting us borrow it!) and made many trips to the storage unit that we are renting for the summer. With Devin's great packing skills, we managed to fit almost everything in our apartment into our 10' x 10' storage unit. More amazingly, thanks again to Devin's great packing skills, we managed to fit everything that we are taking out for the summer into our little Mazda 3 (pictures to follow later). I've never seen so many shoes stuffed into every little nook and cranny in the trunk. Somehow he made it all work. It took us a while to get our apartment cleaned out and emptied, but we did it and now we leave our first home that we ever had together to go on to bigger and better things (hopefully...). Tomorrow morning we head for Denver to spend a few days with Devin's family and to catch one of Mark's lax games. Next, it is onto Omaha to visit the zoo (if you've never been I would highly suggest going - it really is quite a site). After Omaha we will make the 8 hour drive to Valpraiso to visit the Harrops, then it is onto Columbus for a summer full of selling and learning how to cook! Let the adventures begin!

8 comments:

Renae said...

Call my folks or Shauna while you're Omaha. My parents especially have PLENTY of room if you need a place to stay over.

Megan Maree Walker Boehm said...

I am going to miss you guys! But you guys will have soo much fun!! Keep me updated on everything and have a safe drive

Tricia said...

And so the summer begins... I think I'm still in denial that it really is as close as it is. I think you and Nancy heading out has started the ball rolling though! :) I hope you have a safe drive and a fun time visiting family and the zoo! (I'm especially jealous of the zoo!) Let us know when you make it and call me as soon as you're settled in to our new apartments! I can't wait to hear how they are!

Annette said...

I HATE packing! I hope you guys have a great and safe trip out!

Emily said...

Good Luck! Enjoy the midwest! Lots of great people out there! :)

Cori said...

I miss you already! What I probably shouldn't tell you is that a couple of my friends packed their car (a honda CRX) to the gills after their wedding in Oregon. On the way home to Utah they got a flat tire and had to unpack the entire car on the interstate. It took them hours to re-pack!
GOOD LUCK! Here's to no flat tires!

Jarom said...

Ha ha Lianne- Tess told me you had a blog last night- so oh course i had to find you! I'm always looking for more blogging buddies- ha ha - dang you're moving to Ohio... or i guess you have- well we gotta be blogging buddies- cuz i have an irrational liking of blogging.

Jarom


oh Ps I have added you as a blogging buddy.
Ps Leave comments!

Ras Fam said...

Good Luck! We will be missing you! Hope you make bank!