Thursday, June 26, 2008

Crazy Storm

One thing that we have learned living in Ohio is that Ohio has crazy storms. Utah's pretty good at changing weather very unpredictably, but in Ohio, one minute can be perfectly sunny and then the next will be raining cats and dogs. I have NEVER seen it rain as much as it does in Ohio. Last night, we got a pretty good taste of that. Devin and his friend Todd were playing Nintendo when Nancy sent me a text message that told us to listen for the tornado sirens and pay attention to the weather. We changed it to the news and only then realized what the weather was doing. Not only was it pouring (like I have never seen it pour before), but there was a TON of lightning and thunder. And pretty soon, the tornado sirens started going off. We stood on our little deck and watched for a while. We got lucky though and everyone was safe, and our power didn't even go out. I don't think that anyone actually saw a tornado touch down, but we were definitely warned on the news to watch out for them.

5 comments:

Harrop Family said...

I can't believe how entirely familier this sounds. All I have to say is, been there done that- for three years!!! Ha, glad I'm done with tornado's. But they can be very beautiful and awe strukning at the same time.

mom said...

What are you supposed to do when the sirens go off? I'm sure it is not stand there and watch what is going on. Be careful.

Tricia said...

That was a pretty crazy storm. And to put mom's mind at ease, we now know what to do in case of a tornado thanks to our experience at church. But they put out a tornado warning for the whole county even if the part of the storm they are concerned about is in the very southern part and you're in the northern part. The sirens sound throughout the whole county regardless I think. That's why we watch the news. To see how close it actually is to where we live. Hopefully that makes sense...

Kara and Todd said...

You should have added that i almost peed my pants! Ha ha. Really, i'm such a baby when it comes to these kinds of things. I watched the history channel the other day of natural disaters.... yeah, not a good idea. But its always fun to have a memory of these kinds of things so we can laugh about it later. ;)

Emily said...

You know you're a midwesterner when you start WATCHING for the tornadoes rather than run to the basement! :) I laughed when I read that! "Mom" -- You only go the basement when you see it coming your way! :)