Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Fun Weekend

This weekend was a fairly busy but fun weekend. It was a long week of work (I am still trying to get back into the work mode...), but it has been a good week. On Thursday night, Devin and I helped my mom can a couple of batches of peaches and pears. We were so spoiled growing up always eating fruits and vegetables that my mom had canned. I hardly ever buy fruits and vegetables from the grocery store if they are not fresh just because they are not as good. We will definitely have a garden and lots of fruit trees when we have a house of our own. Friday was not all that eventful for us. Devin went fishing and then we just hung out Friday night. Today was pretty busy. Devin woke up and went frolfing with his friend Todd. They've been planning on doing this for a while, and were finally able to. I woke up and helped my mom can 3 more batches. I definitely like to do peaches more than pears. I love the way that the skin just falls off after you boil them. After canning I helped Tricia design a couple of ideas for baby announcements. We are so excited for them to have their baby! Then Devin and I went to get a couple more fish. We also got a little frog to put in our fish tank! It was fun to have fish in Ohio, so I am glad that we got some more for here. We tried to take pictures of our new fish but they didn't turn out very well taking them through the fish tank. Then Nancy and John invited us over to their place for a bbq and some volleyball. It was a fun get together! Our new family game is Catch Phrase. We always play boys against girls and I am sad to say that the girls usually end up losing... But we always have a good time making fun of clues and answers that are given. It's some pretty funny stuff! Here are a few pictures from our little get together.

Tricia just played with Josh instead of playing volleyball because of her pregnant belly.

Isn't he cute? (Josh I mean...)

6 comments:

Annette said...

What's "frolfing"?
Thanks for posting pics of the prego lady. I haven't seen any on her blog...
Dad & Josh are both cuties!
Glad you had a good weekend.

Nancy said...

Ya. He is a qt. That was fun!

mom said...

It is so great to have family back in town. We did have a fun evening at Nancy's. I can truly say that we have lost a little of our volleyball skills.

Hay Dub said...

Sounds like a good weekend! sounds like everyone has been canning lately but me. I love canned peaches, they are the best. We have a little frog, his name is Herbie. We have had him for 3 months and I can't believe he is still alive!

Harrop Family said...

I love that your family always gets together and plays and has bbq's and such. I can't believe how big Josh is getting. He looks like he totally belongs.
Love you both. Can't wait to see you again.

Anonymous said...

The Office was sooo good! I loved it! Congrats Pam and Jim, I can't wait for the rest of the season. I still can't find my puffed corn!!! It is making me mad! I have been to Safeway (3 of them), Windco (2), Wal-mart, save mart, Whole foods, wallgreens, and Raley's- 10 store's! oh ya and trader Joe's -11What the heck?!