Sunday, May 9, 2010

And So It's Begun

Devin got some of his garden planted yesterday. It was the perfect day for planting and his garden looks awesome!

His tomatoes and peppers look great - he started these ones from seeds and has them growing up in our office right now.

Devin had a hard time getting his tomato cages to go far into the ground last year so he decided this year to dig up the rocks. He found quite a few down there. He didn't know what to do with them so he decided to put them around his tomatoes. I think they look pretty good. So here he has broccoli, tomatoes, onions, peas, beets, carrots and zucchinis planted.

He is also going to plant our neighbors garden and part of grandma's garden. We love summer produce!! And I love that Devin loves to garden!

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Looks great! I hope he gets some giant produce!

Megan Maree Walker Boehm said...

yeahh!! I love it!

Emily said...

It's amazing how much you can grow in a a little spot of dirt! Good job, Devin!

Kizzy said...

Looks fabulous. I think it's so cool that Devin likes to garden. I'm sure it's really nice having the fresh produce. We might have to come sample a few things once they've grown.

Tricia said...

That does look awesome! I don't know why I didn't think of this last year, but he's welcome to use the flower beds in our backyard too! I have no idea what condition they're in... but I think it's awesome he's a gardner!

Jay and Krista said...

Lianne- Your garden looks great!!! He definantly takes after his grandpa!! Tell him he is always welcome to come help me with mine!! lol

mom said...

He is my favorite gardening son-in-law.

Annette said...

Mom-he's your only gardening son-in-law, isn't he?!

Lianne (and Devin)-it looks awesome! My mouth is watering for a garden tomato.

Kara and Todd said...

I like the garden! Well done! And I agree, we do need to hang out! Now that's its summer, we need to plan a camping trip or something. Eh??? :)