Monday, July 12, 2010

Devin's Firework Extravaganza (And Garden Pics)

Devin absolutely loves to play with (I mean light) fireworks. I think I would even venture to say that the 4th of July is one of his favorite holidays because he gets to light fireworks. This year he got the big pack and invited everyone over to my parent's house so that he could put on a show. It was pretty entertaining to watch all the boys take their turns trying to make flower bombs and lighting off other various fireworks.

Here's Devin lining them all up so he knows what order to go in - saving the biggest ones for last of course. I'm glad that he enjoys it so much. I just have to tell myself not to worry as all the boys light the fireworks in their hands and then throw them before they explode. I like to think they know what they're doing...

His garden is absolutely taking off! These pictures are from a couple of weeks ago so it's grown even bigger since.
a


a
He told me on Sunday that we can't move because our contract starts in August and that's the worst time because that's right when all of his produce is coming on. We'll have to try to figure that one out for the future.
a
Well, we had a great 4th of July weekend with lots of fun, family and food! Of course we missed all of our family who couldn't be there! I love this time of the year! But I can't believe we're already halfway through July. Unfortunately the summer is flying by!

5 comments:

Jay and Krista said...

Devin cracks me up!!! I bet his fireworks were fabulous!
The garden looks great!! You definantly can't let someone else profit from your labors!

Nancy said...

That would have been fun to see. Im sad we missed the boys playing with their dangerous toys! The garden looks great. Hope you guys are doing good!!

Annette said...

Is he going to not plant a garden one year so you guys could move someday? It looks great. He should have been in charge of mom's garden while she's away.

Renae said...

Looks yummy. It is amazing how much you can grow in not a very big amount of space.

Tricia said...

I'm glad no one lost a hand on the 4th! :) I'm hoping we'll be there for the next firework show. I'm glad he's got such a green thumb! Looks like you'll have lots of yummy produce this year!